NSF Project: Circumarctic Lakes Observation Network (CALON)
See Permafrost Laboratory for more information.
Field Data Sets
- 2012 Summer Field Data Sets
- 2013 Summer Field Data Sets
– YSI water quality sampling data, GPS track data, field photos
- Biogeochemical Data
Satellite Data Sets
- Landsat-8 OLI/TIR data
Temporal coverage: June 2013-August 2013; Number of datasets: 24; Path: 78, 79, 80,81, 151; Row: 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,233
- Alaska High-Resolution Satellite Images
– high-resolution satellite images, include QuickBird, GeoEye, WorldView, IKONOS images.
GIS Data Layers
- Point shapefile for CALON Lakes locations for the west transect
-Point shapefile showing geographic locations of lakes, met stations, and sediment sampling sites for the west transect.
- Polygon shapefile for Alaskan lakes boundaries
-Polygon shapefiles derived from Landsat TM images.
Archive of Previous Data Sets
- Data sets acquired from previous projects of Ken Hinkel, Richard Beck et al.
2013 AGU conference presentation ”Spatio-temporal Analysis of Surface Elevation and Temperature Variability of Thermokarst Lakes on the Arctic Coastal Plain, Alaska”
- short version (download)
- long version (download)